Reset a user’s password. Any user can reset another user’s password. You do not have to be an admin to execute this function. For cloud installation, a temporary password will be sent to the user’s email address.
Resetting Password for On-Prem Installations
For on-prem installations, password resets are executed using a new default password, there is no email sent. If you do not know the default password, contact Darwin support.
Resetting Password on SDK (Cloud Production)
- Open up Juptyer notebook or ipython while you are in your current directory.
- Establish the DarwinSDK as a variable
- Example: s = DarwinSdk()
- Run the following command to reset your password:
- DarwinSdk.auth_reset_password (username)
- This will trigger Darwin to send a reset password email to the email that is associated to the username's email.
Resetting Password on API(Cloud Production)
- Open up a Browser and enter your Darwin URL with a v1 attached to the end of the URL
- If entered correctly you should see the Darwin API Method tabs listed. Scroll down to the last row and click auth
- This will drop down a list of methods using the /auth/ method. Click on /auth/password/reset
- Enter the username of the password you want to reset then click Try it out!
- If entered correctly the email associated with the username will have received an email from Darwin prompting the user to reset their password.