- Open a browser and type in your Darwin Domain name. Make sure that you include a /v1/ at the end of the address, this will bring up the Darwin API.
- Scroll down and click the auth tab to bring up the list of authorization methods.
- Click on /auth/login method.
- You must be logged in as a service to create users
- When you are logged in as a service you will have an access token.
- Access tokens are valid for up to two hours, therefore, if it has been more than two hours since you have used the /auth/login method you will need to create another access token.
- If it has been less than two hours you should be able to use the same access token.
- Paste your API Key on the API_key field and your password on the password field. Click 'Try it out!'. If done correctly you should have received an access token below the 'Try it out!' button.
- Copy the access token ONLY copy the letters and numbers between the quotes when copying the bearer token.
- Scroll down and click the /auth/register/user method.
- Enter the following to create the user:
- Authorization: Bearer PASTE API KEY HERE
- The new user's username
- the password of the username
- the password of the username again
- the new user's email
- Click 'Try it out!'
- If User creation is successful you will see another token below the 'Try it out!' button.
Below are screenshots from the Darwin API User Guide on how to log in as a service and create users.