This FAQ details how a Darwin user/admin can change a users password. If a user does NOT know their current password then they should use the reset password method. Click here for a Document detailing how to reset a password on Darwin.
Changing Password on SDK (Cloud Production)
- Open up Juptyer notebook or ipython while you are in your current directory.
- Establish the DarwinSDK as a variable
- Example: s = DarwinSdk()
- In order to change your password you must be logged in as a service. To do this enter the following method:
- s.auth_login('API PASSWORD', 'API KEY')
- If entered correctly you will see a ('True', 'Bearer Token') response which means you are logged in as a service.
- Run the following command to change your password:
- Example: s.auth_change_password('mypassword', 'newpassword')
- If executed correctly you will see a ('True', None) response.
Changing the Password on API(Cloud Production)
- Open up a Browser and enter your Darwin URL with a v1 attached to the end of the URL
- If entered correctly you should see the Darwin API Method tabs listed. Scroll down to the last row and click auth
- This will drop down a list of methods using the /auth/ method. Click the /auth/login tab.
- Enter your API Key in the API Key field, and your API Key password in the password field, then click Try it out!
- If entered correctly Darwin should of responded with an access token. Copy everything between the quotes.
- Click on /auth/password
- Fill out the /auth/password method:
- Authorization-- Write Bearer <*PASTE ACCESS TOKEN*>
- Curpass -- Enter your current password
- Newpass1-- Enter your new password
- Newpass2 -- Enter your new password again
- Click Try it out!
- If entered correctly you will receive an access token. You can check that the password was changed by attempting to log in using the username and password.